Ernest Hemingway once wrote: "Wine is one of the most civilized things in the world and one of the most natural things of the world that has been brought to the greatest perfection, and it offers a greater range for enjoyment and appreciation than, possibly, any other purely sensory thing.”
In his memoir, A Moveable Feast, Hemingway shows what life was like for aspiring writers in Paris. He talks about his friendships with Scott Fitzgerald and Gertrude Stein, his first marriage and their life in the Latin Quarter, and his writing routine in Parisian cafes. His love of good wine shines through as he never fails to mention which wine he enjoyed with his friends and what they ate with it. Wine was entirely entwined with the writer’s lifestyle in Paris.
Victoria Daskal has sourced four of the wines featured in the book for Mummy Wine Club’s September subscription box. This limited edition box is also being offered as part of the Chiswick Book Festival and will contain 4 specially selected wines, a vintage copy of A Moveable Feast, full tasting notes and information on the wines in digital format, and an invitation to a virtual discussion on the book and the wines taking place on Monday September 14th at 8pm.
The price is £100 which includes delivery within mainland UK and a small donation to the Chiswick Book Festival funds. Order your box by Monday 7th September.
A Moveable Feast Wine Box
- Four wines that feature in A Moveable Feast specially selected by Victoria Daskal.
- A vintage copy of A Moveable Feast
- Free delivery to your door in mainland UK
- Food matching tips and recipe ideas for each wine
- Professional tasting notes explaining aromas and flavours
- Educational information about grape varieties and regions
- A Virtual Wine Tasting and discussion about the wines and How they relate to the book on 14th September 2020, 8pm
- All the wines are organic and sustainable only, from small, quality producers.
- £5 donation from each box goes to Chiswick Book Festival
Delivery included throughout mainland UK
Deliveries made second week of the month